SUP & Sail
SUP & Sail
Skill Level: All – we will tailor the weekend to your groups ability, this could be complete beginners looking to learn or seasoned paddlers looking to explore as far as possible. We work with Falmouth River Watersports who are a BSUPA School.
The boat: We have 3 lovely yachts, they are all a similar size and have 3 cabins. Our team will use one cabin so your group will have 2 double cabins to share. There is a full heads (toilet with shower) on board, Galley (kitchen) along with all sorts of other boaty stuff which your skipper will be able to explain.
Package options |Prices | Itinerary example
Full day: 9:30-18:00
Cost: up to 5 people – £1000
Skill Level: All, the day can be tailored to all skill levels.
You will meet your BSUPA Paddleboard instructor and Yacht Skipper at Mylor before heading out on the water for a paddle tailored to your group (lesson, refresher or skills assessment) then take a break for some well earned tea and cake. Then it will be time for some more paddling. We have lots of options including Malpas to Turnaware, a paddle around St Anthonys Lighthouse and St Mawes Harbour or a gentle paddle across Castle Beach, Gylly Beach and Meanporth – it will depend on the conditions of the day. After lunch on the yacht you can decide to spend the afternoon paddling at another location or we can enjoy a few hours sailing, would you like to take the wheel? This is a fabulous way to explore multiple areas in the Fal Estuary and Helford passage.
This itinerary is flexible for conditions and of course, your requirements, if you would prefer to spend the day in the Helford Passage or need to be collected in St Mawes just let us know and we will do everything we can to accommodate your requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, if you book a day or weekend paddle we can tailor it to your groups experience and needs. If there are people in your group that have not done any paddling you may wish to book a ‘ready to ride’ weekend. Find more about ‘ready to ride’
When you book we will talk to you about what you are looking for in your day or weekend. We tailor each booking to suit the groups experience and needs.
Day SUP & Sail –Spend the day with family and friends doing something a little different. Its the perfect day out for a special occasions such as a birthday or hen party.
Weekend SUP & Sail- Explore in style! Take in the views while paddling somewhere new, two days of paddling, swimming and sailing.
‘Ready to ride’ weekend – An introduction to paddling technique, different types of turns, self rescue and how the weather and environment affects you. The course involves both theory and on the water practical sessions and by doing it over a weekend you will get the opportunity to perfect your new skills. At the end of this weekend you will be presented with your BSUPA Level 1 Ready to Ride Certificate
Onboard we provide all the required safety kit and staff. Any mooring fees and fuel costs are covered in the cost of the trip.
Drink options: Water, Teas, Coffees, Fruit Juice.
Food options: This will differ depending on your booking. We can provide with a menu example when you enquire about a booking.
Please make us aware of any dietary requirements when booking.
Any person under the ages of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. We suggest 8 years+ is a suitable age to start paddling but younger people maybe able to sit on the front of a board depending on the adults paddling experience, please discuss this with us when booking.
We can tailor this to your needs and can depend on the conditions on the day.
some paddling experience, 10kts of wind example:
Weekend – paddling: 4/5 hour per day, Sailing: 2/3 hours per day
Day – paddling: 2/3 hours, Sailing: 2/3 hours
It is a fabulous way to explore multiple areas in the Fal Estuary and Helford passage.
Trelissick house, across Turnaware bar and off towards St Just in Roseland.
Frenchmans Creek then looping round toward Port Navas
Malpas to Turnaware
Around St Anthonys Lighthouse and St Mawes Harbour
Across Castle Beach, Gylly Beach and Meanporth
Explore the Helford passage
Note: The itinerary is flexible for conditions and of course, your requirements, if you would prefer to spend the day in the Helford Passage or need to be collected in St Mawes just let us know and we will do everything we can to accommodate your requirements.
Attendees must be able to swim 25 metres.
If you wish to spend the day out on the water but can not swim then please take a look at our sailing trips.
Wetsuit – can be provided if you don’t have one
T-shirt and shorts
Buoyancy aid if you have one
Water bottle -can be refilled on board
If you are attending a weekend SUP & sail please take a look at ‘what do I need for overnight’. Please also note this is just a guide to help you pack, you may need or want to bring additional things. Remember room is limit on the yacht so make sure you do not over-pack.
Please bring with you everything you would if you were to go anywhere for a weekend break but please remember bedding is not provide so don’t forget a pillow and sleeping bag. If you are attending a day SUP & sail you may find this does not apply to you, please take a look at ‘what shall I bring?’. Please also note this is just a guide to help you pack, everything we provide is listed in our ‘what do you provide’ section and we feel that what you wish to bring with you is a personal choice. Please remember however that room is limited on the yacht so please do not ‘over-pack’
yes – you can take a look at our yachts and what they have onboard here
We have a few itinerary examples to help you see what we can provide but we tailor everything to your needs. We will discuss your itinerary during the booking process.
Weekend SUP & Sail example itinerary:
- 9:30 meet at Mylor Yacht Harbour – greeted by your instructor/guide and yacht skipper
- 10:00 load your gear on to the boat, coffee, fresh baked pastries and discuss conditions for the day.
- Decide on how to spend the day. example below.
- 11:00 leave Mylor onboard the boat heading for Malpas, sail as far up the river as possible then motor up to Malpas.
- 12:30 short paddle down to the Fal
- 13:30 lunch on anchor
- 14:30 continue down the river, out past Trelissick house, across Turnaware bar and off towards St Just in Roseland.
- 16:30 rejoin the yacht. Change out of paddling kit and head off tour overnight stop in the Helford Passage
- 18:00 plan for tomorrow, we will talk through the tides and weather forecast for the next day to find a good route.
- 19:00 dinner
- After dinner our crew will have a bit of downtime- we can either drop you ashore to enjoy an excellent waterside pub or you are welcome to bring a bottle of something tasty along with you. If you have gone ashore we will return you to the boat around 21:30.
- 7:30 we will be ready for the day there will be coffee and fruit available, any one fancying a morning dip is welcome to have a swim.
- 8:30 breakfast
- Porridge, eggs, toast, cereals and yoghurts
- 9:30 Paddle time! Its time to put our plan from the night before in to action. Heading up Frenchmans Creek then looping round toward Port Navas. We take coffee in flasks and snacks along with us as this route is not the best for the big boat.
- 12:30 lunch on the boat
- 13:30 sail back towards St Anthonys Lighthouse
- 14:30 one last paddle round towards St Mawes
- 15:30 Sail back up the Carrick Roads and home to Mylor
- 17:00 all done and back to shore I’m afraid. Hopefully with some great memories of a few days on the water with us.
Day SUP & Sail example itinerary:
- 9:30 We meet at in Mylor Yacht Harbour, where you will meet your Paddleboard instructor and Yacht Skipper. If conditions are good to paddle from the harbour then your Skipper will take your bags to the yacht so you can get kitted up and head out on the water with your paddleboard instructor. This first session serves as either a first lesson, refresher or skills assessment and will help your instructor decide how best to spend the rest of the day.
- 11:30 coffee and cake. While you enjoy a well earned tea or coffee and home made cake we will set off for our next location. Depending on conditions this could be, a down stream cruise from Malpas to Turnaware, a paddle around St Anthonys Lighthouse and St Mawes Harbour or a gentle paddle across Castle Beach, Gylly Beach and Meanporth.
- 13:30 we will hop back on the boat for lunch. For the afternoon we either move to another location or we can enjoy a few hours sailing, guests are welcome to take the wheel and cruise around the Carrick roads under the guidance of our skipper.
- 18:00 we aim to be back in Mylor Yacht Harbour. This is a fabulous way to explore multiple areas in the Fal Estuary and Helford passage.
Note: All Itineraries should serve as an example and are certainly not set in stone. If conditions are better for a different route or you would particularly like to explore a certain area please do let us know.
We very strongly recommend booking as far in advanced as possible. We have limited availability and require notice to staff and prepare the yacht, therefore it is not possible to ‘turn up and go’ but please always contact us as we will except last minute bookings where possible.
For all booking enquires please email or call us, we do not take booking via our social media platforms. Bookings are only regarded as confirmed once your 50% deposit is received.
The full payment due 30 days before your trip.
Keep an eye out for dates on our social media and please get in contact via email or phone if you wish to book a space on one of our group SUP & Sail days.
We will run some open group days throughout the summer.
Note: we need a minimum of three people to run.
If we feel it is unsafe to run then we will work with you to find an alternative date, if this is not possible for either party we will refund your booking.